STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Of weather bombs and sewing progress...

Yes, I'm still here. We're not buried under a snow drift, although we're not too far from it. We survived Wednesday's "weather bomb/blizzicane" - the term given to the nasty blizzard with lots of precipitation and the high winds of a hurricane. It was downright nasty, no other words to describe it. Then it snowed all day Friday.. and now we're having yet another crappy day - you name it - snow, ice pellets, freezing rain.. all of the above. Snow all morning, ice pellets most of the afternoon with a little freezing rain thrown in there in between just for fun... Yuch. The driving conditions are very poor, so we have not ventured out today at all... I'm hibernating once again in my studio trying my best to ignore the weather although it's difficult when the ice pellets are pelting
the windows...
And the forecast says more of the same for tomorrow - freezing rain changing to ice pellets in the afternoon and then to snow in the evening. Everyone is sick and tired of this winter weather, after all it's supposed to be spring now, no? Guess Mother Nature hasn't received the memo... ahem.... Let's hope that this IS the last storm- March going out like a lion and all that... .Well, the lion is roaring, for sure. I do hope someone silences him SOON.
I'm working away at nine patches and sashing strips for this current blue quilt. The 35 blocks are all done and trimmed to size. I have a good
start on the sashing and nine patches but will soon have to  do a lot more cutting of strips. I'm loving the look of it, it's going to be tough to give it away...  I'm such a soft touch for anything done in blues.... I promise you a sneak peek tomorrow...
My cutting table is a mess of trimmed bits - it looks like we had an indoor weather bomb hit!!
Remember the mystery of the missing pots and pans a few weeks ago? I forgot to tell you we "solved the mystery".. . On further investigation, we discovered a few more things missing too - all had been in the same cupboard in Laura's Halifax apartment, so we've decided that when Dad made the final trip and did the last "sweep through", he missed that cupboard.... (At least we know it wasn't the leprechauns.)
Okay, back to the cutting table. I hope the weather is better where you are...


Peace,
Linda

"If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm." ~ Frank Lane

6 comments:

Lorette said...

I hear you Linda. We had much the same except less snow yesterday, mainly freezing rain. Your blocks are lovely! A bright spot of blue to chase the greys and WHITE away!

Pamela Gordon said...

Isn't this weather a bear! Honestly, I can't believe all these storms are coming from a warmer climate (south) than hours but I guess that Polar Vortex is still hanging around and pushing cold air into the warm. I just wish the PV would shrink and go away for another 10 years. The blue quilt is going to be gorgeous, Linda. That is funny and also too bad about the lost pots and pans etc. Too bad the new tenants didn't call to let you know. They can probably be found at a thrift store in Halifax though. :) Have a 'nice' day. I need to clear the back deck off.

Linda said...

The weather is just dreadful today. How much more can we take! Only good thing about being housebound so much this winter, is that I got a lot of sewing done. Glad the missing items turned up.

quilton said...

Terrible weather on the east coast and you have my sympathies. I wish I could send some of our nice weather down, but it seems to get stuck somewhere between Ontario and NB.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for better days ahead.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your bum weather. It was that way here in Chicago (Chi-beria) until just a week or so ago. We had a total of about 87 inches of snow this winter. Crazy. Love your blue blocks! It will be very pretty. Do you always have bad winters where you live?

Sheila said...

It was rather dreadful here today as well and doesn't sound a whole lot better for tomorrow or maybe that is an April fools joke . Love the blues , so pretty !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...