STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Acckkk! How can it be mid-December?

I don't know where the time goes. I have not posted anything new for a week, and several nights ago a friend accused me of being a "slacker"! (The nerve!)  I assure you, I am not slacking off! I am just busy!! And I haven't had much of anything that I can show you.. after all, Christmas is coming, ya know!! My camera has been neglected as there haven't been any idyllic wintery scenes to photograph lately- we have had days of rain and have very little snow left. What there is, is dirty and not the least bit photogenic!
I've been busy singing and "Christmas party-ing", sewing and stitching, cleaning and decorating.. (Ollie is such a  big help with the decorating. He's like a child - he gets so excited when he sees those big boxes and bags coming up from the basement - he loves jumping in and out of the boxes and especially playing with the paper. The first thing I do each Christmas is set up the nativity. The figures are wrapped in packing paper, and like a one year old, he loves playing with that paper- it's the best thing as far as he is concerned...) The baking and card/letter writing have not yet begun, and I've done very little shopping either (still waiting for divine inspiration to hit...) So you see, I haven't had time for blogging. Other things are taking priority right now, I'm sure you understand. It IS a busy time of year...
To tell the truth, I am struggling with getting into the spirit this year. I thought our choir concert would do the trick, but this entire week of dull grey days and heavy rains has certainly not helped...  Both my parents died just before Christmas, and now my father-in-law is very low. All through the fall he's been in and out of hospital, nursing home respite bed, then back in hospital. We're not sure how much longer he will last. Laura will not be home for Christmas this year, and it's the first time in my life that someone will be absent at Christmas... So I'm finding it a little hard to feel jolly these days...
I'm also suffering from PPMD. I'm sure you've heard of ADHD, PTSD, OCPD, COPD... But you may not have heard of PPMD - but I bet many of you have experienced it. At least the quilters in my readership... PPMD stands for Post Project Mess Disorder and I have it big time! So that's what I'm dealing with today- trying to bring some order to the chaos that is my studio at present. I think I need  a file clerk- someone to fold and put away fabric, project direction sheets, notes, etc. etc. lol Yes, I think I'll post a "Help Wanted" ad in the paper... Now if I could just find someone to do my cards, letters and shopping too... Anyone interested??




Peace,
Linda

Don't get your tinsel in a tangle...

12 comments:

Sandi Mac said...

Welcome back to blog land!!!! LOL I could do your shopping!!! Maybe when you are visiting we can do next year's shopping.

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful idea - your very own a Christmas elf helper! Wonder if I can get one of those? You're right, it's such a busy time of year. We have become used to a quiet Christmas, last time we were together with both our sons was 10 years ago.

Michele Inman said...

I'm having a lack of motivation too. I did get almost all cards and all packages mailed out; only 1 card to go which needs a special letter. Only 1 small wall tree is decorated. I should feel good at being somewhat on top of things but don't. We had to put our cat to sleep last Monday, knew it was coming but still so hard to do. He was only 11.

sunny said...

At last - I have a diagnosis! PPMD is here too. After racing to the finish line with 3 projects, I can't decide what to do next. The choices are endless, so I just can't decide where to start. I hope you find some Christmas joy. Don't try to do everything - just pick the parts that make you happy.

Mam said...

Finally a diagnose for what ails me. Yes I too suffer from PPMD. I think telling myself after Christmas I'll get to the bottom of the mess. But we all know what they say about New Year resolutions!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I have had Christmases in the past when I couldn't get into the spirit but this year is perfect with everything in balance. Our church music concert brought back magic that has been buried for a number of years and I have managed to slow things down to savour the blessings of each day.
I hope you find the spirit this year too Linda even though Christmas has sad memories. Your craft disorder has a cure, doesn't it? LOL
Sending a hug from Ontario!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Sad to hear this period brings sorrowful memories to you.
I hope you can feel more Christmassy soon!
I agree with sunny: we don't need to do everything. In the past, I was working hard for The Perfect Christmas, but the only really important things are to remember the meaning of Christmas and to love our fellow (wo)men. The rest will follow.
End of my Christmas Sermon :D

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll be happy to help you....as soon as I finish mine! haha! Don't hold your breath! I think we all get more than we can complete this month. And it's a sad time for so many. Holidays hugs, Diane

Janet said...

If you're a slacker then I am a total idler. Life is certainly so busy here too and I am grumpy about it. But time to cheer up. I have a few moments to myself in the house - what shall I do?

Anonymous said...

Linda, You should see me fold and file fabric! I'm a whiz at it, and I'm within driving distance. Name the day and time, and I'll be there at a moment's notice. Jeanne Kaye

Pamela Gordon said...

Oh Linda I'm in the same boat as you. It's awful isn't it? I'm sorry that you are struggling with getting ready for Christmas and know how you feel. Remembering loved ones and missing loved ones at this time of year is really difficult. I hope you can find a good elf to help you finish getting ready and maybe send him here for me. :) Remember, it'll happen no matter how prepared we are. Hugs. Pam

Kathy said...

I suffer from PPPMD! Perennial Post Project Mess Disorder...love that I now have a acronym for my state!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...